Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Life Changes

Recommended Posts

When life throws you a zinger ya just got to throw it back.

My story with cancer is documented on these boards now for the rest of the story(sorry Paul Harvey), during my treatment they used focused beam radiation to kill the tumours well one was against my spine at the base of my neck. This part of the spinal cord is where you get your motor skills, balance, strength etc. from(the base of your brain controls this and connects to the spine there).

Well the radiation over penitrated and as a result i've suffered from deteriation of said skills, it will get worse over the next few years and is non reversing. So I'm making a descision to create my own "bucket list" of things I want/can do before I'm not capable. i have to get my finacial house in order then I'm going to see the world so to speak, I'll be heading to South America(look out Andres), the Med. England(Russ, Steve), Norway, Alaska and many others if i can manage to afford it before settleing down in mountain cabin by a lake to live out the rest of my life. i don't like the meds the doctors have me on and i'm basicly thelling them to shove it I'm not going to make them rich when all they can do is nothing.

I'm not bitter about this as without treatment for cancer i'd already be dead. I've lived a life full of many experiances and for that I'm gratefull.

I love my many internet friends and this is not goodby, but hey I'll just be around a little less often.

Bruce :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When life throws you a zinger ya just got to throw it back.

My story with cancer is documented on these boards now for the rest of the story(sorry Paul Harvey), during my treatment they used focused beam radiation to kill the tumours well one was against my spine at the base of my neck. This part of the spinal cord is where you get your motor skills, balance, strength etc. from(the base of your brain controls this and connects to the spine there).

Well the radiation over penitrated and as a result i've suffered from deteriation of said skills, it will get worse over the next few years and is non reversing. So I'm making a descision to create my own "bucket list" of things I want/can do before I'm not capable. i have to get my finacial house in order then I'm going to see the world so to speak, I'll be heading to South America(look out Andres), the Med. England(Russ, Steve), Norway, Alaska and many others if i can manage to afford it before settleing down in mountain cabin by a lake to live out the rest of my life. i don't like the meds the doctors have me on and i'm basicly thelling them to shove it I'm not going to make them rich when all they can do is nothing.

I'm not bitter about this as without treatment for cancer i'd already be dead. I've lived a life full of many experiances and for that I'm gratefull.

I love my many internet friends and this is not goodby, but hey I'll just be around a little less often.

Bruce :cheers:

You're a great inspiration to me Bruce... I wish you only the best for the future and strength for the journey ahead...

See you around Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When life throws you a zinger ya just got to throw it back.

i don't like the meds the doctors have me on and i'm basicly thelling them to shove it I'm not going to make them rich when all they can do is nothing.

I'm not bitter about this as without treatment for cancer i'd already be dead. I've lived a life full of many experiances and for that I'm gratefull.

I love my many internet friends and this is not goodby, but hey I'll just be around a little less often.

Bruce :cheers:

I have my own experience with a rare and chronic disease and I agree on every sentence. I wish you still have many good days and enjoy them with your friends and family. What you want to do is laudable.

:congrats:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make someone's day a happier one is priceless. I hope you're busting a gut to continue as long as possible with that gift of yours Bruce? ;) Whatever you're going to do and wherever you go, I hope you have a ball.

Best wishes fella,

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me appreciate my fortunate state of health. Good luck with the road ahead Bruce and keep us posted all you can and want to. And if you do find yourself across the pond on our little island i would dearly love to by you a pint. A pint of proper beer, not the sh!t you guys drink. :P

I think Russ occasionally indulges in a pint or seven too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce, you will always be welcome around these parts.

I will be truly honoured to receive the darnedest, most stubborn fighter I know.

There's no better way to live the life.

I have nothing interesting to add. I just envy you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makes me appreciate my fortunate state of health. Good luck with the road ahead Bruce and keep us posted all you can and want to. And if you do find yourself across the pond on our little island i would dearly love to by you a pint. A pint of proper beer, not the sh!t you guys drink. :P

I think Russ occasionally indulges in a pint or seven too.

That reminds me, it's almost beer o'clock.

You shameless publicity seeker. But I think you peaked too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You shameless publicity seeker. But I think you peaked too soon.

They start you easy to get you comfortable. How did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They start you easy to get you comfortable. How did you do?

Coincidentally, the same as you. Too many naff and instantly forgettable songs for me. Was doing ok until Jason Donovan. Then it all went black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bruce, you will always be welcome around these parts.

I will be truly honoured to receive the darnedest, most stubborn fighter I know.

There's no better way to live the life.

I have nothing interesting to add. I just envy you.

From the same side of the world I trully recomend you to visit Kathy 1st. Sorry my friend. I wish you the best and of course you will be welcome in our country. And please, remember to still pumping...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with your exploits Bruce. And if you develop a hankering to shoot a big corn fed deer, I might know a few people who could help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From the same side of the world I trully recomend you to visit Kathy 1st. Sorry my friend. I wish you the best and of course you will be welcome in our country. And please, remember to still pumping...

Let's make a tf1 meeting on brazilian gp :) you're all welcome to my country, i just recommend to watch out for your wallets/purses *self-experience* :lol:

And Bruce, you know you're still impressing me? Your decision would be supported whatever would it be, but this one is really really amazing. ^_^

All the best,

Kati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've lived a life full of many experiances and for that I'm gratefull.

Well, I'm grateful for knowing you, Bruce. Over the last few years I've gradually learnt how many powerful experiences you have had. We don't always see eye to eye, but that only makes talking with you more rewarding. I've learnt a lot from you, and I wish you the very best. :)

I have my own experience with a rare and chronic disease and I agree on every sentence.

Sorry to hear that too, mate. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the trip around the world be continued for many years until you 've had enough of everything!

You are a great example to all of us!

Cheers :thbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not much I can say that my fellow posters above have not. All the best to you Bruce. Like they say- measure life not by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away. Hope to still see you around even though we don't chat much mate :tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best to you! Can't say much more because it's been said, and I don't even know you as much as the rest of the guys. Nevertheless, enjoy it at its fullest, traveling the world is a dream of mine, you have to make the most of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a fantastic outlook to have on life, Bruce and I wish you all the best in your travels and future experiences. May your cup runneth over, as they say!

The log cabin by the lake sounds great too :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Lets hope the log cabin has... (besides a goood stock-pile of rum)... internet so Bruce will stop in from time to time.

All the best, Bruce!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had met you since those illness years, and we were very happy to have you back telling us that you have survived... now is your chance to LIVE and squeeze all the life you have inside.

Enjoy every second, enjoy every moment...

and if you have some time...

you can tell us how are you doing.

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope your heart's desires get fulfilled, Bruce. But please do draw up some legal statement or something stating that in the worst case scenario, you be allowed to get euthanized & have a dignified death. Don't get me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce, now's your chance to drive to San Fran to meet me Friday man.

Come on, you won't get another shot like this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...